Monday, December 24, 2018
"Aquaman" Tops Global Box Office
Comscore Announces Official Worldwide Box Office Results for Weekend of December 23, 2018
-- Comscore is the Trusted Industry Partner of Film Exhibitors and Distributors Across the Globe -
LOS ANGELES, Dec. 23, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Comscore today announced the official worldwide weekend box office estimates for the weekend of December 23, 2018, as compiled by the company's theatrical measurement services.
As the trusted industry partner for real-time box office reporting, Comscore is the only theater-level movie measurement and analytics company providing insights across the world's largest markets, covering 95 percent of the global industry gross. Using Comscore's suite of movie products, customers are able to analyze admissions and gross results from around the world.
Comscore's Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian commented, "Warner Bros.'Aquaman' is the #1 film at the global box office for the third weekend as it crosses the $400 million mark internationally, generating $91.3 million this weekend on roughly 31,930 screens thus pushing the international $410.7M and including the North American debut, the global tally is now $482.8 million. Notably, Sony's 'Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse' opened #1 in China amidst a crowded marketplace with $26.1 million, and took in $38 million this weekend from 29,000 plus total screens in 53 markets for an international cume of $64.8 million."
The top 12 worldwide weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, December 23, are below.
1. Aquaman - Warner Bros. - $158.7M
2. Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse - Sony - $54.7M
3. Bumblebee - Paramount Pictures - $52.1M
4. Mary Poppins Returns - Disney - $42.5M
5. Dr. Seuss' The Grinch - Universal - $31.9M
6. Bohemian Rhapsody - 20th Century Fox - $16.9M
7. Ralph Breaks The Internet - Disney - $13.9M
8. Airpocalypse - Multiple Chinese Distributors - $12.9M
9. Fantastic Beasts: Crimes Of Grindelwald - Warner Bros. - $8.3M
10. Kung Fu Monster - Multiple - $8.1M
11. Drug King, The - Showbox / Mediaplex Inc. - $7.5M
12. Second Act - Multiple - $7.3M
The top 12 domestic weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, December 23, are below.
Click here for the complete box office report.