Update On the Production of "I Saw Her On Orlando Martins Street"


The production of my second documentary film, "I Saw Her On Orlando Martins Street" has been on hold since May, because of the questions of honesty and integrity of the crew I wanted to use. A cameraman I asked for his showreel has not been able to show me any since May and this is someone I took to the Bank of Industry (BoI) to access the NollyFund.


Except for @denrele_edun and one other person, everyone else wants to be in the big picture, for very selfish reasons and not for the primary objective of the documentary film on the legacy of the great Orlando Martins, the first Nigerian Hollywood star who had the record of being the black actor with the longest acting career in Britain, from being an extra in "If Youth But Knew" in 1926 to 1971.

Orlando Martins , MON (8 December 1899 – 25 September 1985) was a pioneering Nigerian film and stage actor. In the late 1940s, he was one of England's most prominent and leading black actors and in a poll conducted in 1947, he was listed among England's top 15 favourite actors.


Martins was born in Lagos, Nigeria, to a civil servant Brazilian father. He was related to the Benjamin Epega family.

"I am happy to say I am one of the pioneers, if not the pioneer African film star."
- Orlando Martins said in his biography published in 1983.

I often give some Nigerians opportunities to work on my projects just to motivate and support them, even when I can get better people, including foreign actors and actresses who are enthusiastic about working with me. Anyone on any of my projects receives instant global recognition. I was not born yesterday. I directed my first play when I was only 17 and got a full page in the Times International newsmagazine. Then I became a well paid professional script writer for NTA Channel 10 at 18. My last TV job was as the Production Manager of "Money Wise" on DBN TV in Lagos. And I was part of the phenomenon of #Nollywood from 1996. I left to work on other projects. So, becoming the Publisher and Editor of the NOLLYWOOD MIRROR®Series did not just happen. Almighty God prepared me for it and I can see the Big Picture.
Personally, I don't like opportunists.
Dogs have proved to be more faithful.


- By EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima, Publisher/Editor, NOLLYWOOD MIRROR®Series
https://www.amazon.com/author/ekenyerengozimichaelchima.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rosman Sisters of Nollywood

Zenith International Film Festival: Guided Tours of Locations of Popular Nollywood Movies

Global Media and Entertainment Market is Expected To Reach US$2.3 Trillion by 2022