Nigeria's most innovative bank is taking banking to everyone on the internet in Nigeria with the launching of the groundbreaking GTBANK ESTORMS campaign..
The GTBankEstorms is an e-channel awareness storm to engage and convert as many customers as possible to adopt the bank’s alternative channels. The e-channel activation will take place from community to community in Nigeria from Lagos to other states in the country.
GTBankEstorms held in Abule Egba Branch of Guaranty Trust Bank at 402, Abeokuta Express way, Abule Egba, Lagos on Tuesday 21st and Wednesday 22nd April 2015, Akowonjo Branch at 35, Shasha Road, Akowonjo, Lagos State on Thursday, 23rd and 24th of April, 2015; Ikotun Branch at 49 Idimu-Ikoyun Road, Ikotun, Lagos on Monday, 27th and Tuesday, 28th of April, 2015 and the Ikorodu Branch: at 47, Lagos Road, Ikorodu Town, Lagos State on Wednesday 29th and Thursday, 30th of April, 2015
The GTBankEstorms in Ikorodu Town started at 10am from the bank and moved to the nearby C & S Primary School, Majidun Ogolonto, Ikorodu Town at 2pm with popular hip hop artistes Wande Coal and Rayce performing in a live concert without gate fees and attracting many of the customers and others to the free show.
The live concert was great fun! The body guards and Nigerian police officers had a tough time as they stopped the area boys from harassing Wande Coal and Rayce.
GT Bank influential marketing for social community and e-banking is really effective as the musical concert and comedy attracted many people in Ikorodu Town with several of them going home with prizes of Nokia phones they won in dancing competitions and raffle draws.
Mr. Jide Sipe, Manager Corporate Communication and External Affairs of GTBank said Guaranty Trust Bank is taking banking to the grassroots through electronic channels to migrate customers from the banking halls to the convenience of wherever they are 24/7. This event is to create public awareness on this new development of mobile internet banking on the fingertips of the people on the go.
Many of the customers and others were excited about the event and made the following remarks:
“I like GT Bank for their good banking”.
~ Adetola Ayomide,
Ogolonto, Ikorodu Town.
“I like what GT Bank brought to the community of Ikorodu town. I will like to bank with them as long as it is affordable.”
~ Mrs. L.A Hambolu, Majidun, Ikorodu Town.
“I love the new internet banking service. I already have a GT Bank account.”
~ Mr. Sefiu Moliki, Idi Iroko, Ikorodu Town.
“I want to open an account with GT Bank from what I see today and I have been hearing good things about them.”
~ Mr. Paul Okonewa, Idi Iroko, Ikorodu Town.
The alternative e-channel platforms that will be available for activation at the branches include:
- Mobile Banking: Mobile phones have increasingly become tools that customers use for banking, payments, budgeting, and shopping. Our GTBank Mobile App is a two in one App which consists of Mobile Banking and Mobile Money . The mobile application merges our internet banking and mobile money service offerings to allow customers enjoy more flexible banking.It is a convenient, secure and an affordable way to carry out banking transactions from your mobile phones.The GTBank Mobile App is positioned to fulfill all our customers’ daily financial and non-financial needs. With the GTBank Mobile App customers can Check account balance, Transfer Funds to family and friends, Stop and confirm cheques, Bill payments, FX transfers, Flight Bookings, Airtime Recharge, Online Shopping, Purchase cinema tickets e.t.c. To download the Mobile App, kindly visit any of the app stores on Blackberry, iPhone, Android, Nokia and Windows.
- Internet Banking: The GTBank Internet banking service provides our customers a safe, secure and convenient way to conduct banking transactions online. With internet banking, you enjoy the convenience of managing your GTBank accounts quickly and easily – anytime, anywhere!
- SME MarketHub: The SME MarketHub platform is an online e-commerce platform that allows businesses owners create online stores to sell and promote their offerings to millions of buyers online. The platform also provides access to free business and financial management tools that will help our business partners grow profitability and enhance efficiency. On the MarketHub, you can buy a range of products from Men’s and Women’s clothing, Shoes, Bags, Food stuffs, Gadgets, Electronics and lots more, all at affordable prices. To start shopping, visit www.smemarkethub.com
- One Click Top-up: With the One Click Top-up, GTBank customers can conveniently buy airtime on their mobile phones directly from their GTBank account by simply dialing a short USSD code (*737*AMOUNT#). It brings a higher level of convenience for our customers as it is designed to deliver with speed and simplicity. Customers can top up their phones using a single code *737* Amount#.
- SMS Banking: The GTBank SMS banking service allows customers operate banking services through their mobile phones via SMS messaging. You can keep watch on your bank account with our round the clock SMS banking service. With GTBank SMS Banking, you can check your account balance on the go, confirm account number, subscribe to GENS, reset Internet Banking password and block lost, stolen or compromised card.
Do you reside or work in Abule Egba, Akonwonjo, Ikotun or Ikorodu and enivrons? Then, we invite you to visit our experience centres at any of these branches from the 21st – 30th of April, 2015. Get your tokens, download the GTBank Mobile App, shop on the Hub, win gifts from thePhotographs by JSP Communications Limited.
lucky dip and so much more!. Come and experience excellent banking on-the-go as we are one step closer to you.
© JSP Communications Limited, 61, Ogundana Street, Off Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos. All rights reserved. No part of this content can be duplicated or reproduced in any format of media and anywhere without the authorization and permission of JSP Communications Limited.