“The (Toilet) Swan” Writes:
Some General Tips:
- Flush Flush Flush until all your friends are gone!
- If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seatie. (yeah, I stole it, but its still good)
- If you are the cause of a clog, and you KNOW if you are, kindly take it upon yourself to first, attempt to correct it; and secondly, report it!
- Wash your hands, that’s where disease comes from.
- It is polite to pull down paper towels for the other person in the restroom with you. This also invites them to wash their hands.
- Please inform your friends if they have tucked in their skirts, tissue hanging from their feet, or paratroopers hanging from their noses.
- Lastly, CHECK BEHIND YOU WHEN YOU’RE DONE.
Source:Women’s Bathroom Issues I.
Office Toilet Etiquette
Remember you are not the only person using the restroom at the workplace. There are other employees as well.
Office Toilet Etiquette refers to set of rules an individual needs to follow while using the office restroom. It is essential to keep toilets clean and hygienic to avoid transmission of germs and infections. A dirty and unhygienic toilet is the breeding ground of several diseases.
Let us go through some office toilet etiquette necessary for an individual to follow:
- Never leave the restroom dirty. Smelly toilets are big turn offs.
- Lock the door carefully when you are inside.
- If someone is inside, don’t peep under the doors or knock endlessly. Wait for the other person to come out.
- Female employees should avoid carrying their handbags inside the washroom. Do not carry expensive items to the restroom.
- Make sure you do not wet the toilet seat. Do not throw water on the floor as someone might slip and get hurt.
- Females should always sit on the toilet seat while peeing. Male employees should always stand a little close to the toilet seat to avoid dripping.
- Never forget to use flush once you are done. Check the toilet seat for unwanted stains or substance. Do not hesitate to call the toilet attendant if the flush is not working.
- Make it a point to wash your hand with an antiseptic soap or sanitizer every time you use the restroom. Use a tissue paper to wipe off hands.
- Do not spit on walls. It is absolutely childish to write names or make designs on toilet walls.
- Don’t take much time inside the restroom. One should avoid taking hand phones inside the washroom.
- Make sure you do not throw anything in the commode. Tissue paper must be thrown inside the dustbin and not anywhere else. Sanitary napkins must be wrapped in polybags and disposed in dustbins.
- Do not leave the restroom with taps on. It is important to conserve water.
- One should not smoke inside the office toilet. It leads to suffocation.
- Make sure you turn on the exhaust fan once you are inside the toilet. Do not forget to switch off the lights and exhaust fan when you leave the restroom.
- Do not throw unwanted hair or soap wrappers in the washbasin. Keep the soap inside the soap case.
- Ask the attendant to clean the toilet whenever it is dirty.
Source: Management Study Guide.
THE BEST WAY TO CLEAN AND WIPE IN THE TOILET
Always wipe from front to back after using the bathroom. Doing it the opposite way increases the chances of bacteria from your butt region moving to your vaginal region, which can cause a urinary tract infection. Wipe the same way for washing and showering. Try to wash your hands before using the toilet or at least before wiping (especially in public). When you are out and about in public, your hands are exposed to a lot of bacteria so washing your hands can avoid passing germs from your hands to your genital region as well.
Source: Madame Noire.
Follow Updates On Nigerians Report Online on