If Roses Could Talk

If Roses Could Talk


If Roses could talk

They will tell you the deepest thoughts

Of the secrets of my heart of hearts

Deepest thoughts of my unspoken words

Unspoken words of my deepest feelings

Deepest feelings that words cannot express

Words from the flames of my spirit

As I saw you coming for our tryst

Our secret tryst under the African Cypress

I clutched my new bouquet of red Roses 

Red Roses of the petals of my heart.

If only these Roses could talk

Only these Roses can tell you 

How much I have prayed for our dreams to come true.


- Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima,

Tuesday, June 7, 2021.

Lagos, Nigeria.

©All rights reserved. No part of the content of this poem should be copied, duplicated or reproduced in any format of media without the authorization and permission of the author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rosman Sisters of Nollywood

Zenith International Film Festival: Guided Tours of Locations of Popular Nollywood Movies

Global Media and Entertainment Market is Expected To Reach US$2.3 Trillion by 2022