Sir Victor Uwaifo, the Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid

Nigeria's greatest guitarist and living legend in music, Sir Victor Uwaifo confirmed that he actually saw and met with a female marine spirit popularly called "Mammy Water" among Africans, even though others still believe that the mermaid is a myth.
The following is the confession of Sir Victor Uwaifo on how he met a mermaid at the Bar Beach of the Atlantic Ocean on Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Tell us about your encounter with the mammy water in Lagos

That was also true. I was the Head of the graphics department at that time. We used to close late and had to be on set to organize the back drop. Because of the traffic, I used to deliberately stay late and go to the bar beach to strum my guitar and get inspiration. That particular day, I stayed really late till everybody had gone. Not long after, I observed that each time the waves advance towards me, I would move back, but the farther I moved the closer it came. Suddenly, I observed a figure coming towards me and before I knew it the figure was right before me. I wanted to run away. I screamed, which I later transposed into strumming the guitar, which has become a trend nowadays. She just said, ‘if you see mammy water, never you run away’. I just thought the mermaid loved music, otherwise it would have harmed me. What was the reception for the song after the incident? It was an instant hit. It was after Joromi which gave Nigeria the first gold in Africa....

Read More at http://thenet.ng/2014/07/exclusive-sir-victor-uwaifo-interview-i-am-the-greatest-nigerian-musician/
Guitar Boy Superstar 1970-1976.







Follow Updates On My Amazon Page.
https://www.amazon.com/author/ekenyerengozimichaelchima






submit to reddit






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rosman Sisters of Nollywood

Zenith International Film Festival: Guided Tours of Locations of Popular Nollywood Movies

Global Media and Entertainment Market is Expected To Reach US$2.3 Trillion by 2022