What Has Jomo Gbomo Got To Do With Brad Pitt in the Niger Delta?



What do you think will link the famous spokesman of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) Jomo Gbomo and famous Hollywood actor Brad Pitt?
"Big Men" whose greed is the subject of this film on oil and war in the Niger Delta and also in Ghana.



"I was traveling with Sebastian Junger in the Niger Delta, he was writing an article for Vanity Fair, and he had had some correspondence with this guy called Jomo Bomo, who was basically the publicist for the militants. He had written Jomo Bomo saying, hey, can I get access and Jomo Bomo had written back saying, I don’t know who you are, you are out of luck. And then apparently Jomo looked him up on the internet and read about The Perfect Storm. Once he figured out who Sebastian Junger is he said, 'Oh, no problem, I’ll give you access, just give me a signed copy of your book.' So I thought, I need to bring on an executive producer that means something, and I went home and I asked Brad Pitt to executive produce the movie, and he read the pitch and he got really excited."

~ Rachel Boynton first went to Africa to research her documentary Big Men, which premiered this week at the Tribeca.



Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/brad-pitt-produced-big-men-explores-greed-in-west-african-oil-exploration-20130421#ixzz2SViGa6cM


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rosman Sisters of Nollywood

Zenith International Film Festival: Guided Tours of Locations of Popular Nollywood Movies

Global Media and Entertainment Market is Expected To Reach US$2.3 Trillion by 2022