RCCG Pastor Prophesied Inventions of Yahoo, Google, Facebook, Nairaland, iROKO TV, Afrinolly, Linda Ikeji and IoT in 1997


1997, The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Trinity Tabernacle Parish, 18, Adekunle Fajuyi Way, Ikeja G R A.. Lagos, Nigeria.

We were in a night vigil when our pastor prophesied that the world would be overwhelmed by an internet boom and a digital ecosystem. I was totally clueless about what he was saying, because I did not even know how to use a PC and did not know anything about the internet. After his prophecy,
Yahoo was launched in the same year 1997.
Linda Ikeji was introduced to me in our office on Shiro Street in Fadeyi, Lagos. Mr. Boniface Oyem, the young Publisher of the defunct Affections International magazine brought her from the ghetto of Mushin to meet me as the Editor of Affections who could help her fulfill her ambition to be a model. She was 17, tall and slim with beautiful brown eyes. She just finished secondary school.
Afterwards, on another day that she came and left, I was on my way to the Fadeyi Bus Stop nearby when I saw a photograph on the ground along Shiro Street, and I was moved to bend and take a closer look. It was the postcard size photograph of Linda Ikeji! It must have slipped out from her hand bag on her way to or from my office. I picked it up and kept it for her until she came again.
We became best of friends and I took her along to the important corporate occasions I was invited to. I took her to her first time to eat at Mr. BIGG's on the Adeniran Ogunsanya Road in Surulere and giggled as she spilled the jam in the doughnut on her blouse. Then I took her to her first buffet during a seminar hosted by Chevron Nigeria at the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs (NIIA) on Kofo Abayomi Street on Victoria Island, Lagos. In 1998, she later found her way to the Silverbird Group of Senator Ben Murray-Bruce and got her first opportunity to catwalk as a young model at 18, for one of the fashion and beauty shows organized by Silverbird Entertainment.
I did my best to motivate her and later met her family.

The amazing Google was launched in 1998. But I was still clueless about the internet until 2001 when I paid N100 at a cyber cafe beside Ekesons Transport Company at Jibowu Bus Stop near Yaba, Lagos. The young manager, Frank registered me for my first email address kingofkingsbooks@hotmail.com for my first company, King of Kings Books International I started in 2000 with the financial contributions of Bishop (Dr ) Mike Okonkwo, the General Overseer of The Redeemed Evangelical Mission (TREM) and the divine anointing of Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, General Overseer of RCCG in whose office I worked as a counselor for the official Redemption Light magazine of our church.
I paid N100 for every email Frank helped me to type and send.
Then he taught me how to send and reply emails before I used emails to lambaste Shell for fueling the Niger Delta crisis in 2004. Shell International directed me to meet with Mr. Bisi Daniels, Head of Corporate Communications at Shell Nigeria on Broad Street in Lagos. I wanted to produce a conflict resolution documentary film to dialogue with my brother in- law, Asari Dokubo and other Niger Delta militants. So, one night in 2004, I arrived Port Harcourt in Rivers State. I went straight to the two storey block of flats of my elder sister, Mrs. Pauline Chiyenre William-West. I stayed with her before I crossed the Bonny Channel to the Nigeria LNG Limited on Bonny Island where I stayed with my younger sister, Mrs. Stella Unah and her family in the RAs. Her husband, my brother in- law, Mr. Sunday Unah welcomed me and I lived with them to do my recce for the documentary film, "Winds of Fire, Winds of Change". But later, Shell dropped the project when the Federal Government sent the Nigerian Armed Forces to crush the Niger Delta militants and built a Garrison on Bonny Island in 2005.


I discovered the mass communication power of the internet and blogging in 2005.
Seun Osewa and other Nigerians in Nigeria, America and the UK were already having blogs. Later Seun launched Nairaland the same year and it became popular among Nigerians and foreigners interested in Nigerian affairs. I started my Nigerian Times, Kisses 'n' Roses and The Rhema Blogs. Then I met Queen Ime Ebong, as one of the few Nigerian female bloggers. Bella Naija started blogging in Canada.
Mark Zuckerberg and his buddies founded
Facebook in the same 2005.
I was traveling from Bonny Island to Lagos to see Linda and others and also travelled to Calabar and Abuja to visit Queen.
I introduced Linda to Nairaland and created a blog for her defunct Fashion, Modeling and Beauty ( FM&B) magazine. Then the following year 2006, she started her own blog.

As our pastor prophesied during a night vigil in 1997, the internet phenomenon overwhelmed and transformed mass communication on the world wide web within ten years.
The world is now in the matrix of the digital ecosystem of the Internet of Things (IoT).

In 2011, Jason Njoku launched his
iROKO TV and soon made millions of dollars from showing thousands of Nollywood movies on YouTube.
Chike Maduegbuna and his fellow developers launched their Afrinolly mobile video app in 2011 and then expanded into Afrinolly Space for GSM entertainment worldwide last year.
My iPost Nigeria was shortlisted for the 2014 Fund for Internet Research and Development – FIRE Africa Awards as the only Nigerian innovation that made the list of 10 finalists.
Blogging has made Linda Ikeji a famous and rich millionaire in U$ dollars and highlighted on the CNN.
eCommerce is now dictating how we buy and sell.

Then on August 31, 2016, I met Mark Zuckerberg, the Cofounder and CEO of Facebook at the Afrinolly Space in Oregun, Lagos. Zuckerberg chose Lagos for his first ever visit to sub Saharan Africa.
Linda Ikeji has launched her own social network site, Linda Ikeji Social (LIS).
The prophecy has come to pass!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rosman Sisters of Nollywood

Zenith International Film Festival: Guided Tours of Locations of Popular Nollywood Movies

Global Media and Entertainment Market is Expected To Reach US$2.3 Trillion by 2022