Arise and Shine My Daughter Nkiruka


Arise and Shine My Daughter Nkiruka


Arise and shine my precious daughter
Arise and shine brighter and brighter
Like the sun is shining in Africa
Arise and shine my beloved Nkiruka.

No matter how louder the claps of the thunder
No matter how darker the clouds of the stormy weather
Be brave my precious daughter
Don’t faint in fear and don’t surrender
Even if you miss your footsteps in the slippery slope
Don’t ever give up and don’t lose hope.

My precious daughter always remember
That come rain or shine, your future is greater
So, arise and shine my precious daughter
Nkiruka! Nkiruka!! Nkiruka!!!




~ By Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima, Thursday August 29, 2013.
I composed this song as an inspiration and motivation for every female child in the world, and especially for the Girl Rising Campaign of 10x10, to educate and empower girls to overcome the challenges of their circumstances and succeed in life.
Nkiruka is an Igbo word meaning the future is greater and it is a popular Igbo name for girls in Eastern Nigeria.

.


submit to reddit


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rosman Sisters of Nollywood

Zenith International Film Festival: Guided Tours of Locations of Popular Nollywood Movies

Global Media and Entertainment Market is Expected To Reach US$2.3 Trillion by 2022