Up Nigeria! African Nations Cup Champions!


Nigeria ended a 19-year wait to regain the African Nations Cup after a stunning goal from winger Sunday Mba gave them a deserved 1-0 win over Burkina Faso in the final at Soccer City on Sunday.


“Winning this tournament is for my nation. When I came on board over a year and a half ago, I wanted to make Nigerians happy.
“I hope more African coaches will be given more responsibility to lead their countries. There is a lot of potential in this team but we need to be patient. I'm so, so proud of what we have achieved in this team.
“I'm an optimist, I never think negative. We came here to win the captain - I told my captain that we coming here to win this trophy and he didn't believe me. Today we have won."

~ Stephen Keshi, Nigeria coach


“I would like to thank the All Mighty God, this is a dream come true. I have been in six Africa Cup of Nations and this is my last tournament. I’m obviously very happy and proud to be in this team.”

~ Joseph Yobo, Nigeria captain
Click here for more reports!.



TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY FOR OUR VICTORY!







submit to reddit


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rosman Sisters of Nollywood

Zenith International Film Festival: Guided Tours of Locations of Popular Nollywood Movies

Global Media and Entertainment Market is Expected To Reach US$2.3 Trillion by 2022