comScore's Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian commented, "Fox's 'Maze Runner: The Death Cure' takes over the top spot on the global chart this weekend with an $86.1 million worldwide debut. The film is followed in the second spot by 'Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle' which has now become Sony's fifth highest grossing film of all-time with an incredible $822 million worldwide total to date."
The top 12 worldwide weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, January 28, are below.
1. Maze Runner: The Death Cure - 20th Century Fox - $86.1M
2. Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle - Sony - $34.1M
3. Greatest Showman, The - 20th Century Fox - $19.6M
4. Secret Superstar - Huaxia Film Distribution Co.,Ltd - $19.0M
5. Post, The - Multiple - $18.2M
6. Coco - Disney - $15.1M
7. Commuter, The - Multiple - $14.5M
8. Darkest Hour - Universal - $12.5M
9. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri - 20th Century Fox - $12.2M
10. Ferdinand - 20th Century Fox - $12.2M
11. Forever Young - China Film Group Corporation - $11.8M
12. Insidious: The Last Key - Sony - $10.7M
Click here for the complete report.