In the Chimes of January

In the Chimes of Wintry January

Photo: "Januar" by Lina Lammering.
(Inspired by the painting "Januar" by @mirnglame )

In the chimes of wintry January
I hear the chorus of the choir from the sanctuary.
With sounds of ringing bells and chirps
And I use my tongue to lick my dry lips.
I can hear echoes of the wandering Elfen
After the winter storms in the land of Niedersachsen.

Come, my beloved come
My beloved come with me
To the Kingdom of Wilden Jäger, the hunter.
For Wilden Jäger does not hunt in winter.
Let us fly to the Wurmberg where we are free
Where their goggling green eyes cannot see .
Come, my beloved come.

Let us fly above their fields and meadows
Let us fly to the top of the Birch beyond their willows.
We will welcome what the new year brings.
With the wind blowing beneath their wings,
They flap their wings as I hear as she sings.
Birke waves in the cold breeze as the wind blows.
And they kiss as they renew their nuptial vows.

- By Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima,
author of " Children of Heaven", "Scarlet Tears of London", " The Prophet Lied" and other books.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rosman Sisters of Nollywood

Zenith International Film Festival: Guided Tours of Locations of Popular Nollywood Movies

Global Media and Entertainment Market is Expected To Reach US$2.3 Trillion by 2022