My Earth, My City and My Heartthrob

 


#saturdayvibes💋

My Earth, My City and My Heartthrob  


When the Atlas shook 

The floors cracked under our feet.

And the walls collapsed. 

Coughs of inferno 

Raining fiery ashes down 

Fuel of fire flows. 

Rising up higher  

The waves swallow shells and sand 

While the swimmers scream. 


Lagos city crawls 

Tortoise caught in winding paths 

Lost in the jungle. 

Heaps of refuse 

Decorating the streets 

With evil miasma. 

Commuters picket 

As pump prices 

Of fuel rise.  


Oh, humanity! 

Why are you such a wonder 

That makes me numb.

Only God knows how 

How the wind in autumn blows 

How the river flows. 

Life is a prayer 

Total submission to God

Overcomes the world.


I see the rainbow 

In seven colours 

When life is in bloom. 

In the summer of love 

Passions bloom like sunflowers

In garden of life. 

Adeleke came 

Our muse ascended higher 

Reaching for the stars.  

Stark silken tresses 


Glowing eyelashes of night 

The sheen of the moon. 

Twin blinking brown balls 

Golden eye lashes of dawn 

In the rising sun. 

Even heaven knows 

What my heart is going through 

All because of you. 


In painted haiku 

Flowers of our love unfold 

As red roses bloom.


- By EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima,

From the second collection of my original poems, "Scarlet Tears of London"

©All rights reserved. No copying, duplication, recitation, reproduction and republication of any part or text of this poem without the authorisation and permission of the author.

This poem is more than meets the eyes and only those who have studied poetry of different cultures and forms will comprehend the format of the style. It is one of my best poems and one of the best poems ever written.

When it comes to poetry, I don't need the validation of any person or institution to affirm that I am one of the greatest poets of all time.

Even in classical studies in Antiquity, I have not read of any poet who recited poetry in tongues. I am not an ordinary poet. I am a poet taught by the Holy Spirit of Almighty God JEHOVAH NISSI.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rosman Sisters of Nollywood

Zenith International Film Festival: Guided Tours of Locations of Popular Nollywood Movies

Global Media and Entertainment Market is Expected To Reach US$2.3 Trillion by 2022