Nigerian born Yasmin Belo-Osagie is the only Nigeria named among the 100 Most Creative People in Business by Fast Company, one of the world's leading business media brands.
See the full list in the following news release.
Fast Company Announces Annual List of the 100 Most Creative People in Business #FCMostCreative
LIN-MANUEL MIRANDA, CREATOR AND STAR OF BROADWAY SMASH HAMILTON, EARNS TOP RANK FOR "MAKING HISTORY"
B.J. Novak, Chance the Rapper, Lilly Singh, and the Crown Princess of Norway also make the list.
NEW YORK, May 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Fast Company today announced its annual ranking of the 100 Most Creative People in Business for 2016, honoring an influential and diverse group of leading thinkers around the globe. Earning the No. 1 spot on the list this year is Lin-Manuel Miranda, the composer, lyricist, and star of Broadway's "cultural and financial force" Hamilton. Miranda also covers the issue.
Each year, the magazine's editors present an all-new list of 100 visionaries chosen according to a proprietary methodology (honorees can't repeat, and anyone previously profiled in the print magazine is excluded). The 2016 honorees hail from a vast range of industries and locales, from tech and design to entertainment, media, government and nonprofit, health care, and food, and they span the world from India to Costa Rica, Turkey, and Nigeria. Highlights on the list include:
- B.J. Novak, actor and cofounder, li.st, "for putting everything in order" (#66)
- Chance the Rapper, musician, "for generating music that's priceless" (#40)
- Dani Rylan, founder and commissioner, National Women's Hockey League, "for giving women a shot" (#42)
- HRH Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, cofounder, The Maverick Collective, "for applying the VC model to philanthropy" (#92)
- Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli, creative directors, Valentino, "for turning a storied fashion house into a $1 billion juggernaut" (#5-6)
- Cindy Holland, VP of original content, Netflix, "for offering viewers a lot more to binge on" (#7)
- Katie Nolan, host, Garbage Time With Katie Nolan, "for shaking up sports" (#12)
- Jean Liu, president, Didi Chuxing (formerly Didi Kuaidi), "for building China's largest ride-sharing business at breathtaking speed" (#4)
- Divya Nag, health tech lead, Apple, "for moving Apple into the doctor's office" (#2)
- Virgil Abloh, founder and creative director, Off-White, "for expanding with style" (#75)
- Glenn E. Martin, founder and president, JustLeadershipUSA, "for empowering former prisoners" (#11)
- Jeff Turnas, president, 365 by Whole Foods Market, "for lowering the grocery bill" (#51)
- Jill Soloway, founder, Topple Productions, "for televising the revolution" (#3)
Introduced in 2009, the Most Creative People list was quickly established as one of Fast Company's most esteemed franchises. All 100 creative leaders recognized in the 2016 list join Fast Company's expanding Most Creative People in Business community of highly accomplished, dynamic individuals whose work and ideas are driving the world forward.
"Our goal is to discover and highlight the people around the world who are not just thinking differently, but also putting their ideas into action to create new opportunities, redefine the rules of modern business, and drive change within their own industries and beyond," says Fast Company editor Robert Safian. "In today's rapidly evolving world, it is creative and innovative leaders like these 100 who will continue to move the needle and inspire us all."
Fast Company's Most Creative People in Business issue (June 2016) is available online at http://www.fastcompany.com/most-creative-people/2016 as well as in app form via iTunes, and on newsstands beginning May 24. Follow the launch on social media, using the hashtag #FCMostCreative.
ABOUT FAST COMPANY
Fast Company is one of the world's leading business media brands, with an editorial focus on creativity and innovation in technology, ethical economics, leadership, and design. Headquartered in New York City, Fast Company is published by Mansueto Ventures LLC, along with our sister publication Inc. and can be found online at fastcompany.com.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160513/367552
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160513/367565
SOURCE Fast Company
CONTACT: Mistrella Murphy, firstname.lastname@example.org, 917.797.3475; Alexa Jaccarino, email@example.com, 212.389.5436