O Mammi!


O Mammi!
(In memory of my beloved mother, Mrs. Gladys Onuamaghiuwa Eke)

It is another May 26
It is now 27 years since you passed on
When you gave your life for your beloved children
I have not forgotten O beloved mother
For I have no other to remember
Beautiful gap toothed daughter of Almighty God
One of the bravest mothers who passed through this world
A man can always have another wife
But a mother is irreplaceable in life
O wonderful mother of my genius
You taught me the holy scriptures
From the one and only book I saw you read
The Holy Bible in Igbo language
You gave me the everlasting message
Of the Word of Almighty God JEHOVAH
That has given me victories in my battles
So that I can always sing and shout HALLELUJAH!
I have told and written your name in my books
And I showed your beauty in my looks.
For I am proud to be your gap toothed son!
I continue to keep the candle light on
And let the light glow in memory of you.
In my heart and spirit of what is pure and true.

- By EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rosman Sisters of Nollywood

Zenith International Film Festival: Guided Tours of Locations of Popular Nollywood Movies

Global Media and Entertainment Market is Expected To Reach US$2.3 Trillion by 2022