The Art of Victory: 100 Original Quotes for Victorious Life


The Art of Victory:100 original quotes for victorious life by Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima
https://www.amazon.com/author/ekenyerengozimichaelchima.

INTRODUCTION

My great mother of blessed memory, Mrs Gladys Unuamaighiuwa Eke said as a five year old child during the internecine uncivil war between Biafra of the Igbo tribe and the rest of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (1967-1970), I did what no child would do when I left our internal displaced persons (IDP) camp and returned to our village in Umuekwuele Aforugiri of Ohuhu in Umuahia when the town was already captured by the Nigerian army after one of the bloodiest battles between Biafran and Nigerian soldiers. My mother who was a grass widow during the war lost three of her children among the hundreds of thousands of children who died from kwashiorkor. The details are included in "Biafran Child", the book of my original stories to be released soon. When the war ended, my great father, Sunday Eke came to bring us back to Lagos city and we resided in a compound at 28, Obalende Road on the Lagos Island. The compound had two large bungalows owned by the landlord, Pa Odeneye, a tall and lean Yoruba elder from the Ijebu tribe. The old man treated all his tenants as members of his polygamous family. I often chose to be with my father whenever he sat down with Pa Odeneye for discussions on our families, local politics and traditional Yoruba religion of the idol worship of Ogun, god of iron and IFA Divination. I learned so much from them. My father taught and trained me on IFA Divination. But I chose to be a Christian and became a Catechist when I was only 12 at the St. Michael's Roman Catholic Church in Lafiaji, a walking distance from Obalende where I attended the St. Matthias' Catholic Primary School in the same premises of the church often frequented by the Catholic Archbishop Emeritus of Lagos, Anthony Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie when he was still a young reverend father. His father, Prince Michael Okogie was a fine poet and I loved his book, "The God's Indwelling : Gem Poems of Nigeria" 

Four great books have been my guide and inspiration in the world; the Holy Bible, Sun Tzu''s "The Art of War", "48 Laws of Power" by Robert Greene and "The Prophet" by Kahlil Gibran.

Quotes from "The Art of Victory":

People don't know the essence of true peace where there is no experience of war.

There is no greed where there is no conscience and there is no creed.

Truth will make you walk tall, but lies will make you fall.

You cannot be upright when you prefer what is wrong to what is right.

Men who gossip in beer parlours are worse than women who gossip in hairdressers' salons.

There is no nobility where there is no humility.

The hypocrisies of many believers have destroyed more lives than the heresies of unbelievers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rosman Sisters of Nollywood

Zenith International Film Festival: Guided Tours of Locations of Popular Nollywood Movies

Global Media and Entertainment Market is Expected To Reach US$2.3 Trillion by 2022